Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tiny Things




Yes, it's tiny things that make my heart go pitter patter. As you can see from today's vignette, smalls are certainly a personal passion!

A most unusual piece is this vintage button jar which has a thimble holder (inside the stump), a pincusion (on top of the tree), and a place for buttons (inside the container). What a delightful treasure!

Peeking from behind the jar is Little Miss Petunia, a "Made in Japan" large frozen charlotte. She has her original clothing and accessories, including a little floral blanket. I can just hear your sighs of "awww, how cute"!

Also included in this scene are a few of my Water Babies books. I love the illustrations in these editions and think the bindings are quite lovely.

On top of Water Babies is another beauty. The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy Winkle, a Beatrix Potter classic, is a favorite of mine. If you remember the story, you'll recall how Mrs. Tiggy Winkle loved to wash clothes for the other animals... I am particularly fond of this tale because it reminds me of my mother who also loves to wash and iron ... Personally, I find this hobby particularly odd but to each his own!

Be sure to check back this week for posts on new items at Gresham. There are 2 new dealers who have fascinating merchandise. I'll be sure to take some pictures for all you antiquers out there!