Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An Old World Christmas ...

I was planning on doing a book review for my first installment of "Flotsam & Jetsam" style; however, Blogger is giving me issues and is not downloading my scanned images. So, I decided to show some photographs from my Gresham Lake booth. I'm so excited about the new look there... I'm doing an Old World Christmas theme - I'll have to introduce you to the elfin Santa Clause soon (unless he sells!)...
Recent purchases include the wonderful crushed velvet opera coat and fabulous feathers ... Also, all of the hats came from a Massachusetts estate. Simply divine!As you can see, smalls are a definite weakness of mine. I also adore vintage mannequin forms and anything French ... Notice the Asian lady poster in the background? It's an advertisement from the 1920's for cigarettes. That beauty was bought many years ago from a large D.C. estate sale. Now at just $65, I'd say that's a definite bargain!

Isn't the hosiery case intriguing? It's a wonderful display piece that originally served as a general store fixture. I think it's perfect for displaying my antique keys.

I'll share more pictures of the booths soon- I've decorated for Christmas at both locations. Gresham's look is Old World with brown & gold, and SuzAnna's is Very Vintage VaVoom using aqua, silver, and gold. With Open House coming up quickly at the shops, Christmas decor is a wonderful way to bring light, color, and imagination into the displays. Think of your own Christmas decorations - What can you do to bring a little holiday "hooshing" to your home?

*Hooshing is a term borrowed from Interior Alchemy: Secrets to Creating Expressive Ambience*
Stay tuned for a review of this fabulous book!