Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trinkets & Treasures From the Netherlands ...

I've admired LiLi's blog for several months now and felt her to be a kindred spirit. So, I thought I would ask if she'd like to do a Christmas swap. LiLi was so kind to agree, and we corresponded back and forth for several weeks in regards to what we would like to receive.
So, we each packed our parcels to the brim with vintage goodies ... And now it's time to reveal our treasures!
LiLi lives in the Netherlands, so I specifically asked her for some books and ephemera in different languages. She lovingly sent me fabulous papers, labels, and other wonderful trinkets with a European flair!
Of all the beautiful items, my favorite is a tiny half doll... I've never seen one so intricate and dainty! Also, the vintage labels she sent me are wonderful and very unusual.My dear friend also made a little portfolio in which to store ephemera and paper treasures. She styled it on my blog design - What a great idea!I am so thankful to have established friendships with friends throughout the world. LiLi is a dear blessing to me and I'm happy to have found her! I encourage you to reach out to those bloggers whom you admire and do a little exchanging of your own ...