Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shhh ... It's a Secret!

I've got a secret to share with you ... I'm so excited about this new adventure- But I'm also scared to death! What if I don't sell anything- What if I can't make the rent? What if everyone thinks my little shop is ugly and stupid? What if my ideas are somehow wrong?

On the other hand, everyone seems really positive except one or two curmudgeons. And let's hope their predictions prove to be ill-founded. I have the support of my family and friends - And hopefully the little town of Kensington.

Our "soft opening" will be April 10th and our grand opening will be sometime in May. I've got a graphic designer working on a logo and signs and I just went to the bank regarding accepting credit cards (which is super expensive! Yikes!). But I know a good number of people use debit and CC so it's worth it. I don't want to turn someone (and a sale) away. And today I bought the cutest little bike to put out front as a display- And my friend Anna (of Chickens in the Basement fame) is making a fabulous wooden sign to hang on it... Right now, I'm on the search for a vintage 1950s prom dress for the window - So if anyone's got one hanging in their closet, leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

So, everything seems to be falling in place. There's no way I could think of everything - And that's part of the fun... Figuring it all out.

The pictures below show what it looks like now with The Fine Swine. Soon all those signs will say Flotsam & Jetsam! Whopee!