Sunday, August 15, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Antique French Embroidered Ribbon

I've always had a special place in my heart for vintage textiles, especially antique trims, ribbon, and lace. Even though I don't sew, I think lace and it's variants are simply divine. The more ornate the better. The early pieces are especially unique, and the care taken to create them is amazing. The quality is apparent even at a cursory glance.
Vintage Cotton Trim

Perfect for dressing up that simple top, vintage trim can really add a new dimension to clothing. Many high end shops such as Anthropologie already use this concept on a variety of its pieces, although their laces are new.
Wonderful Black Embroidered Lace

I've just listed some examples of this obsession in my Etsy shop. I plan to continuously update the site with these treasures. Hopefully someone will discover my trove of trims... And will love them as much as I.
Antique Lace Medallion