Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas Wishes

Just a post to muse a little on how time flies. I just packed away my Halloween decor and now it's time to put up the Christmas goodies!~

This year is a little different for me than others. It's the first year that I've really struggled consistently with my bi-polar. It seems like a very personal thing to share but I think it's important to not feel ashamed and to help others know they are not alone. Mental illness is just as real as any other disease and it affects thousands of individuals.

My wish for the upcoming year is for things to get back to normal. I long to be my true self and not the quiet, shy person bi-polar has made me. I wish for the meds to be straightened out and for the ability to work consistently without depression. I also want motivation to do the things which I used to enjoy so much... These are my Christmas wishes.

This post is more serious (and revealing) than my normal writings. But sometimes you just run out of things to say and all that's left is the real stuff.

What are your Christmas wishes?