Just a quick little blurb to share some fun happenings!
1. Flotsam and Jetsam now has an official sign at the new location. A local artist hand painted a revised Spencerian Script bird that I found on a 19th century calling card... I'll share photos of the actual sign tomorrow. Here's just a little teaser:
You can also see an example on the blog header in the bottom right hand corner.
This design is also on my new business card... Rebecca Smith, a very talented local graphic designer, helped work this vision into a viable concept.
2. I've been on a buying spree! *(See #3 for the most current trip) The last couple of weeks I've found so many wonderful things... Several dealers I work with have provided the most magical stock. Now, I've just got to get them priced and out on the floor... Come by this weekend for the latest vintage/antique goodies!
3. A sincere thank you to my dear friend, Laura Orcutt of The Lady and the Librarian for hosting Ben and I. She has fabulous treasures just waiting to tempt you at her Raleigh, NC locations in Cameron Village. I found some spectacular pieces that I just can't wait to put out at the shop. While in Raleigh, I also visited two of my favorite shops, SuzAnna's Antiques and Shabby Lane Antiques, both off of Capital Blvd.
4. A blogging buddy, Sue of Vintage Rescue Squad, was just honored by my favorite magazine, Home and Antiques. She was named one of the top 50 blogs by this fabulous British publication!
5. Just found a new store in Takoma Park,Washington DC : Trovh. It is truly exceptional- Great design, wonderful experience- Really fabulous, fun place. Quoting the header, "a collection of artful objects discovered or found". I found a vintage mother of pearl button necklace, a handmade sliding ruler bracelet, some interior design books, and some "foodie magazines" for my husband.
OK... enough gabbing. Must get back to work... And pricing. Perhaps I'm putting off pricing things so I can hoard all the fabulousness for myself. Hmmm:)