Friday, February 13, 2009

All That I Love Swap

Kari over at Artsy Mama sponsored a fabulous "All That I Love" Swap through her exciting new subscriber blog Year of Color (which, by the way, for $12 is a steal and I highly recommend it! Refer to the right hand side bar for more info). I was teamed up with the ever crafty Sandi over at The Victorian Gypsy . What a treat! Sandi made me a lovely assortment of romantic goodies ranging from a handmade wreath to a little gossamer bag filled with Ghirardelli Raspberry* Chocolates.My absolute favorites are the bead heart and the wonderful wish bottle... This little jar is filled with wishes that I can unwrap whenever I need a little pick me up or encouragement. I'm very excited about making one of these for my sisters and mom- I think they would really enjoy this for a little impromptu surprise:)

On a side note, I'm working on a post regarding vintage and antique playing cards, another collecting realm I enjoy delving into... Be sure to stop by within the next week or so for a little tutorial on this often overlooked area of ephemera.

*Isn't raspberry such an interesting word? And what is that random "p" in the middle for? Ah, the joys and tribulations of the English language.