Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Time to Laugh, A Time to Cry

Dear Blog Friends- Thank you so much for all the recent comments. I value each one and truly look forward to reading all of them... So, on that note, I thought I'd share the newest development for F & J ~ The signs are all put up! Don't they look just fabulous? I chose a brown on aqua color palette with a rococo style frame ~ I just love it!

The front of my quaint little boutique


The side sign visible from the road



A close-up shot of the larger sign


So that was "a time to laugh"

Now for "a time to cry" ...

For this week's Vintage Thingy Thursday, I wanted to highlight a special piece in my shop. Purchased long ago for my personal collection, I've decided to part with this dear little sign ~
It's a Victorian casket plate. During the late 19th century, there was a cult of mourning that focused on death and interment. Black and dark purple were the latest in fashion; jewelry made from the dead individual's hair was very common. This particular plaque was a memento of a precious soul - A loved one wanted something to remember them by.

Be sure to stop by The Colorado Lady for more Vintage Thingy Thursday!