Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Silk, Lace, Vintage Prada... What else could a girl ask for?



Fabulous Edwardian Lace Dress c. 1910- Mint Condition $225  SOLD
 As many of you know, in September of 2011, I combined shops with Kate Fine of The Hope Chest.  We now have a lovely spot in a historic building in the heart of Kensington Antique Row.  Kate specializes in vintage linens, clothing, hats, purses and all sorts of feminine antiquities.  I thought I would share some of her latest fabulous finds and let you meander through her collection. 
Detail of collar

Detail of Sleeve
Circa 1920 Wedding Dress in Pristine Condition $175
Closeup of Top
Back View of Dress- Really Spectacular!
Vintage c. 1970 Prada Shoes with Embroidered Detail $225  SOLD

Antique Crochet Buttons on Original Card-$20 each
Czech Plateau Frame c. 1920- $45

Closeup of Beautiful Work on Frame


 Now of course, these are MY personal favorites -- You never know what you will find!

 On a side note, wanted to spot light a fellow blogger and antiquer, Liz Mathews.  Liz just did a post on my shop and took the most FABULOUS pictures... I am so honored that she chose my shop to write about!  Visit Liz's blog as well as her 2 Etsy boutiques - Liz Mathews' Vintage Treasures and The French Poste.  You won't be disappointed!

Also, I plan on doing a future post on theft in antique stores.  I've been doing some interviews as well as research so hopefully I'll be able to give an informed overview of this serious topic.  I was "inspired" to focus on this due to the overwhelming problem of theft I've had in the last two months.  Over 6 items have been stolen!  If you have a chance, leave a comment concerning your thoughts on this subject.