Monday, January 5, 2009

Vintage Valentine Book Project

Dede Warren over at Dream Create Share is sponsoring a fabulous round robin project for Cupid's Special Day. Participants are making sixteen 5 x 7 pages with a Vintage Valentine theme. Dede will then compile our pages and make "fat books" for each member.

I've been brainstorming about my design and have started to get a sense of how I want my pages to look ... I'm planning on doing a Homespun Valentine concept using cutout hearts, glitter, and maybe even some sewing!
While searching for inspiration in my ephemera stash, I found these two pieces and "Shazam!" I had my Homespun Motif! Don't you just love the layers of aged paper and text combined with the straight pin? And what about that delightful image by illustrator J. Frederick Smith? Both of these will work as great focal points for my pages. Now I've just got to start creating!