Monday, September 21, 2009

New Adventures

I'm excited to say that the Big Flea was a successful venture for my little business. Flotsam and Jetsam's sales were strong, so much so that I'm planning on participating in the January show! This experience was my first in terms of a larger, more official venue. It was so encouraging to hear positive feedback on both my merchandise and my displays.

Overall Booth
Random Goodies including an Eleanor Roosevelt signature, a low brow penny doll and some silver spoons.This little display was my romantic section where a Victorian pincushion and a French porcelain shoe add elegance to my booth.Funky mannequin with frame display- Something to catch a customer's eye when passing.
Old trophy and marching band hat
Bits and bobbles including die cuts, buttons and charms
The Halloween merchandise did exceptionally well and was a great return on investment.
Another overall shot of the "frou-frou" table

I tried to create miniature vignettes to entice buyers to stop and take a look around. The rug helped to make the booth look more homey and inviting (that is until it sold!).

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement. This event was a fantastic experience to both learn from and be invigorated by ...

Other News: I've finally found a booth! I'm excited to be joining Antique Crossroads in Hagerstown, MD. Even though it's about an hour and 15 minutes away, it's by far one of the best antique malls I've ever visited. The dealers have great displays and wonderful items. The workers are also considerate and more than willing to help customers. What a great way to kick off the Fall season!

Rubylane sales are also increasing; I've found that the trick is to add things weekly. Let's just hope I can keep it up~!

I'm really looking forward to visiting PA this week for a buying trip. I'm going especially for the Kutztown Renningers Extravaganza. This "new adventure" is very exciting for me. 3 days of collecting odds and ends for Flotsam & Jetsam... I'll be sure to take some photos to share with everyone. Let's hope I can find some treasures!