Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tiny Treasures

Hi everyone!
So, you may be wondering why I've been slack on posts... Well, with the Big Flea and then a subsequent trip to PA, I've been a tired little antique hunter. But the trip up was successful and I found some really great charms and goodies for my trunk show in November. Why don't we take a look and see what treasures I discovered!

I was specifically looking for small eclectic curiosities to be used as accents for jewelry and other crafty items. One of the best buys was a miniature harmonica that you can still play! I also uncovered a large assortment of Victorian buttons along with some abalone cameos. Colored tear drop crystals are also a find.
Pictured here are 2 of my more expensive buys- A Victorian strawberry pin cushion and a bullion styled purse. These two pieces will be listed on Rubylane, my online boutique.
Another adorable find was this vintage "Kewpie" perfume bottle. When you turn the crown topper, you dab a bit on your wrist and neck. Isn't this little guy great? This item is also for Rubylane.

Other finds include Catholic charms, fun rhinestone rings, postcards for my ephemera collection, old railroad tokens, Indian coins, coral Asian miniature figures, antique spectacles, and mother of pearl buckles.

So, you've taken a look at my latest goodies- Now let me know about your recent finds!