Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How the West Was Won!

Isn't this a great image? And rather rare since you don't see many Western images in ephemera. She has a very "Gibson Girl" look about her. Hopefully, you'll find some creative endeavor to use her for.

Just thought I'd also share a new item that I added to my Rubylane shop. What a wonderful paper mache snuff box. I love the phrase "Forget me not." Very sweet... The faux tortoiseshell design really takes the look up a notch. Yesterday I also added a c. 1940s puffy heart and an Uncle Wiggily advertising premium for Ovaltine. Be sure to stop by and browse a bit.

I plan on adding items regularly now - I'm renting an out of home office to help with motivation and also for company. Working for yourself tends to lead to being alone and thus a little lonely. But the space I've got is at Sparrows, a lovely antique store filled with beautiful French furniture. There's a little room in the back that works perfect for me listing things online. One day soon I'll share some of the wonderful pieces they have.

So, ta-ta for now. I have plenty more ephemera to share so stop by and browse a bit when you get the chance!