Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What's A Girl To Do?

Yep, here's my booth. It's deathly bare! What am I going to do??? I must find furniture and soon! I have so many wonderful, little things. But all those darling curiosities need to be displayed properly. Therefore, once again I say- I MUST FIND FURNITURE! (notice capitalization and exclamation point)...

On the bright side, I was still able to create some sweet vignettes with the fabulous smalls I have. Don't you just love these tiny Asian slippers?
This doll chest is filled with old lace and buttons- Two of my favorite things!
My locked case was filled to the brim with glorious little bibelots from my jaunts to various sundry places. What about the Kewpie teapot and saucer? Pure cuteness!
I love miniatures and have always tried to buy them up when they're available. This shot shows a lovely Empire style brass mirror perfect for a little girl's dollhouse.
Art Nouveau is one of my favorite styles- From my own collection you will see the small vase decorated with a Sarah Bernhardt type figure. This piece was probably a give-away at a fair or party. Last but not least is my collection of vintage Halloween items purchased last year. These plates, napkins, and nut cups are both rare and desirable in the antiques realm. I can't wait to see what people think of them at the new booth.Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll find some appropriate furniture over the next week or so. I'll be sure to take more pictures as the evolution of my booth takes place. Wish me luck!