Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bonjour!

Paris... A place of romance and magic- Truly, the city of lights. The trip was lovely and filled with all the things that a vacation should have- Like silly jokes and memorable moments together. My favorite parts were the Louvre and the fabulous markets! I'll be sure to share some pictures of our trip with you. I also plan to post on the items which I found at the flea markets - So many wonderful treasures- Each distinct and unique. Most of them will be going on my Rubylane site.

For now, I want to share a little something for Vintage Thingie Thursday hosted by The Coloradolady.

This wonderful treasure was found by my dear friend Laura of the Lady and the Librarian at the DC Big Flea in January. A mere $15 was all I had to pay for this fabulous piece of flapper history. This vintage powder puff is circa 1925 and is the epitome of the Jazz Age. Called a patter wand, it was probably more for show; however, other puffs were used not only for faces but for knees as well.

This is my first time posting for Thingy Thursday and I'm really looking forward to meeting new friends! Stay tuned for more Parisian flotsam and jetsam.

Also, for those of you who may be new to my blog (or have just wondered about the name of my business) here's a little vocabulary lesson:

flotsam |ˈflätsəm|
noun
the wreckage of a ship or its cargo found floating on or washed up by the sea.

jetsam |ˈjetsəm|
noun
unwanted material or goods that have been thrown overboard from a ship and washed ashore, esp. material that has been discarded to lighten the vessel.

Ta-ta for now~ See you for Postcard Friendship Friday!