Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Saint Genevieve: Parisian Treasure

This lovely late 19th century miniature icon is another Parisian market find. Featuring Saint Genevieve, the little antique is a true gem. Imagine my surprise when I learned Genevieve is the Patron Saint of Paris! How fascinating is that? OK, so maybe not too ground breaking but still interesting!


The detail on this Gothic style piece is meticulous – From the spires to the reticulated arches, the frame appears to be a little masterpiece. I've only seen one other icon like this and it was in poor condition.


On a side note, I've been quite disappointed with sales at the booth in Hagerstown. I'm just not sure if it's the right place for me. Either Raleigh was a hot market for my taste or people just aren't discovering my little space here. How long should one wait before moving to a new antique mall? Two months? One month? I don't want to jump the gun but I'm also concerned that wasted time is wasted money. What do you think?