Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Power of Banan-Appeal

Dingy tan versus Banan-appeal - No contest!
Hello Sweet Blog Friends- It's been a while! Things have been in a whirl wind since we last chatted. We painted the shop a lovely lemon meringue (#332 Benjamin Moore Banan-appeal)- And the trim is purple! How whimsical. I just love how it turned out- And with the help of dear friends (like Joanna above) I was able to get all of this done in under a week!
The window was a collaboration between Joanna and myself- Don't you just love the paper flowers? We made them together a few days ago... And we hung fairy light around the border. It really makes a lovely statement at night.

So, today was the first day the doors opened for customers. I had one sale (a card) but several browsers. So, traffic was good and potential clients are learning that there's a new shop in town.

Today was just a soft opening - But the Grand Opening will be May 22nd. We plan on doing some publicity and advertising before the big day... If you have any ideas on how to get people in the shop, please feel free to share- I need all the advise I can get:)

For those of you checking back by to see the winner of the ivory etui, let's congratulate LiLi! I just know she will enjoy this wonderful little treasure!

Have a great week - See you at Flotsam & Jetsam Antiques!