Sunday, March 22, 2009

bits of this... and bits of that...

This past weekend, Laura and I did our 2nd show together in the front "parlor" of Ornamentea. We've been working for weeks to get the right items for our crafty clientele and I do think we succeeded! Many of our regulars came alongside new friends...
I decided to go random with my half and make it look delightfully eclectic (just like Moi). I used a variety of lifts and props for interest - Notice Aqua Girl and the adorable vintage doll furniture. A close-up of a fabulous little purse and a pair of antique spectacles- Both of which sold!
More randomness - Lots of buttons, lace, postcards, and books all waiting to be used as a medium in wonderfully quirky artwork. As always, buttons continue to be the #1 seller at our shows. Buttons are great because they come with a "built in" attachment, be it a molded or applied shank. They make great earrings and charms. Additionally, they can liven up a dull outfit. Simply remove said boring buttons and use vintage beauties instead!Now it's time to tidy up my booth at Gresham Lake and get to working on my Rubylane and Etsy shops. Ah, such is the life of an obsessive antiquer!

*Be sure to check back mid week to see new stock in my online stores!*