Friday, March 13, 2009

Hurrah, Huzzah, It's Carnival Day!

"On with the dance! let joy be unconfined;
No sleep till morn, when Youth and Pleasure meet
To chase the glowing hours with flying feet."
~George Gordon Byron, Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage

Today, Today is the time for the Carnival Soiree! Faerie Enchantment has invited everyone near and far to celebrate the magic of the carnival and circus. Remember a time when the animals, jugglers, and performers brought smiles and laughter to your childhood? Well, enter that special realm again and be amazed at the sights!

For my special treat, I decided to invite some dear elfin and childhood fairy-tale friends. They are so excited to be joining us:) And you too can invite them to your party- They are from my collection and can be incorporated into your artwork and crafts.

If you're a frequent reader of my blog, you know how much I adore ephemera. The pictures and words of yesteryear hold a dear place in my heart. The images remind us of dreams and memories long forgotten. Such small bits and pieces of life can make us recall our Mother's smile as she read "The Night Before Christmas" or our Sister's face as she presented us with a wonderful book of fairy-tales.

I hope you enjoyed this little visit to the circus... My dear fairy friends wish you good times and happy fortune as you visit more of the 3 ringed affair!

"No party is any fun unless seasoned with folly." ~Desiderius Erasmus