Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tootalie Loo!

With such a fun holiday just around the corner, I thought I'd share some fitting ephemera. Doesn't the little worm make you think of curling up with a good book and drinking a cup of joe?
I'm so excited about new Flotsam and Jetsam endeavors! First of all, I'm a contributing member of the Vintage Journal. The lovely Sue at Vintage Rescue Squad clued me in to this exciting blog featuring artisans and antiquers ... Check out my post featuring the Pink Poet (a fabulous vintage haven in Maryland)!

I've also started writing for the Rubylane Blog, Notes for the Lane. So far, I've only submitted posts I've written for this Flotsam and Jetsam site; however, I'm thinking of doing some special pieces geared more to the Rubylane reader.

One more quick note- I'll be doing a Vintage Bits and Baubles Trunk Show in Raleigh, NC on March 14th starting at 9am. The Downtown Designers Market is also happening that same weekend so they'll be lots of crafty goodness in the Ornamentea vicinity. I do have a few other tricks up my sleeve, but we'll leave those for later (including info on a show I'm doing this Fall!). So, did you notice this fabulous old Doctor's desk (my most recent find from SuzAnna's)? Isn't it the most wonderful shade of mint? And can we talk about the original "Sterilizer" glass ... OK, so you wouldn't put this piece in a man's office, But Still??? (Actually I didn't think about the whole "sterilizer" thing until I had it loaded in the car - But it wouldn't have changed my opinion in the least)!
Best of all- Look at the ever so kitschy doll handle ... The fabulously creative Bobbi at Catchpenny's MADE this little buddy using a vintage mold and plastic! She's making more of these and will have them available on her Etsy site soon (right now she has these amazing wolves made from an antique form).

If you're looking for tantilizing antique ephemera, be sure to check back this week for updates. I have some lovely 1910s ink blotter images as well as some fun old wine labels. Craftiness abounds!