Friday, June 13, 2008

Fabulous Finds!



Hi All-
Well, the vacation is over now. Ben (the hubby) and I arrived home on Tuesday night. Fun times! I'm finally getting back to my normal routine- The body's still a little off. Between Hawaii and here there's a 6 hour time difference - ugh.
But on to today's blog topic- Fabulous Finds!

First on the list is Mr. Buddah. He is a vintage string holder- you pull the string out through his belly- too cute!

Next we have two Faith Austin vintage handkerchiefs. One has a butterfly motif and the other a pink kitty cat pattern. I was really excited to find these- They sell for between $25 and $30 (so00... my customers are getting a steal at the $12 I've marked them for!).

For myself (and currently wearing) I found the great glass Egyptian Revival necklace. Can we say fabulous? Probably 1940's Czechoslovakian. I'll let you know when I get bored with it:)

The last item in this shot is a really cute wooden Asian shaker. Really cute - I've never quite seen one like it. Much like a Russian nesting doll in its form.

The next picture shows a wonderful grouping of vintage finds. My personal favorite is the resin carousel horse- probably piece of a lamp or something. Whatever it is it's pretty cool.

Next we have a pair of stallion bookends. The quality of these is really amazing. I'm not sure exactly what they're made of - but once again they look pretty cool.

Then there's this unique child's shoe form... I've collected a few of them and they make really interesting accents.

And what about the pretty saucers? Saucers are such great things- So useful. You can use them for jewelry, soap dishes, beads ... They make great gifts with luxury soap. Just use a hanky around the saucer and soap; then pull the hanky up around the top and secure with ribbon. Great idea, huh?

Well, the piece de la resistance is the Madonna planter. She has amazing crazing... And the hand painting is really great. I'm really excited about putting it in my booth. I hope someone will give her a good home...

Well, that's it for now. I found some awesome smalls today- I can't wait to show you this fabulousness. Stay tuned!

Here's a list of the places I found this booty at:
Gresham Lake Antique Mall-Raleigh NC
Guardian Angel Thrift Store-Fuquay-Varina NC
SuzAnna's Antiques

Be sure to find your own "tinsel and treasure" at these wunderkammers:)