Sunday, June 22, 2008

Orange You Glad You Stopped By?


Bright colors, like orange, yellow, and red, are fabulous! I'm trying to incorporate them into my decorating scheme... But it's a little difficult.

For instance, I love these British Tube vintage posters I found at Catch Penny ... They are so vibrant, so different... I'm just trying to make them work in our place. If you've got some suggestions, send me an email or leave a comment on this post. I'm all ears for how to bring color into our home.

So, I thought I'd continue on this theme of bright colors and show some images of my favorite vignettes with great hues. The top one shows an Art Deco travelette cosmetic box. Richard Hudnut designed the box- I absolutely adore the graphics... So creative. I gathered additional small boxes and tins along side the Hudnut piece ... Small, dainty items create beautiful groupings. The aqua round tile is a new item for me. The color - gorgeous!

The next pic shows a Jennifer Murphy cutie (http://www.jmurphybears.com/home.html). Mr. Piggy by Ms. Murphy was a Christmas gift from my sister Shannon. Then, you'll see additional button cards as well as a little wooden cricket. His name is not Jimmity but he is still just as cute... The last object I'll spotlight is the small little boy cup. The dealer thought the piece was possibly Schafer and Vater. If you've never heard of this company, do a general Google search and view a couple of their pieces- Really fabulous, whimsical stuff. Take this little guy for instance - He's adorable! His face is so realistic and fun. The detail is amazing - And to think, he's probably almost 100 years old (how does he stay so young looking?) hehe...


Well- have a great week and be sure to bring some color into your own life:)