Friday, August 15, 2008

Peace"ing" It All Together


I Peter 5:7
" ... casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

Blessings to you readers out there! I wanted to post a little bit here about feeling anxious and overwhelmed ... Often times, I worry about doing enough for my business and being productive with my time. I also fret over spending enough time with my family and friends. These concerns, while positive in some aspect, can lead to an overwhelming sense of anxiety.

With that said, I just thought I'd let Flotsam and Jetsam readers and clients know that I am going to be focusing on three aspects of my business: Gresham Lake Antique Mall, SuzAnna's Antiques, and the newly created Rubylane Shop (http://www.rubylane.com/shops/flotsam-jetsam). I have decided to no longer sell items on Etsy; additionally, I will not be consigning items at Catchpenny's (although I'll definitely be visiting for the fabulous merchandise!). While both of these venues are great, they are not the best place for my focus to be at right now.

The growths and changes in my business are going to allow better customer service and contact as well as more committed attention to my booths' appearance and offerings. I hope these revisions will be inspirational to my clients. I entitled this post "Peace"ing" It All Together" because as a new business owner, the concerns and challenges I face are different than those I have dealt with previously. But these new issues are not unsurmountable and certainly only add to my strength as a woman entrepreneur. I look forward to the upcoming months and the positive reaction these changes will bring about!

On a side note, I wanted to mention a guest post I did for the blog Ephemera. Please check it out at: http://ephemera.typepad.com/ephemera/. My post was the feature for today, August 15th.