Sunday, January 17, 2010

Great Expectations

Well, we're officially into January and 17 days into a new decade. A fresh start- A clean plate... What to do with all of these chances to start over again? New Years resolutions ... A time to reflect on what's been and what will be.

"For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."
T.S. Eliot, Little Gidding

With all this talk of new opportunities, I thought I would share some of my own resolutions for this year. The first is to pray more. I try to have a special time (sometimes several) each day where I lift up needs and requests to God. I want to expand this and have more deliberate moments with our heavenly Father.

Secondly, I want to blog more. I've been a little delinquent this past year with posts and such... I would love to post twice a week and make more connections with the blogisphere. I do plan on posting more free ephemera and also having digital downloads for sale (although this may take some time).

Last, but not least, I want to do all that is in my power to prevent my depression. Sometimes I don't fight hard enough against it and it can get the best of me. But this year I plan to put as much effort as possible into getting (and staying) better. The first step is getting through January... After that, it will be getting through the winter. I plan on taking one month (each day in fact) at a time.

So, what are your New Year's resolutions? Any wishes for the New Year?