Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lovely Bibelots and Tantilizing Treasures

Lovely little treasures; sweet nothings; tiny bibelots-- All of these phrases describe the merchandise at this January's Big Flea. Every booth was filled to the brim with beautiful objects. Handmade trinkets, old volumes of sacred books, sparkling jewels- Truly, something for everyone!
I thought I would share what I feel is the most stunning booth at the Big Flea (not only this past weekend but each and every time). Roberto Frontera-Suau of Elizabeth City, NC is the owner of Textiles de Conde. He carries the most exquisite antique clothing and linens as well as miscellanious feminine objects such as millinery and toiletry items.
Roberto's booth is one that would take hours to thoroughly explore- However, I managed to squeeze in some time between shopping to browse his wonderful wares. I was not disappointed! Such treasures abounded ... These pictures show just a snap shot of what this collector carries. On a different note, I promise to soon post more on my personal Big Flea finds- Check back for more vintage goodies (especially freebie ephemera!)